Composition Prize 2011
The 2011 Composition Prize is now closed and the winner announced. Check back soon for the announcement of the 2012 competition details.
Reveille Trumpet Collective Composition Prize 2011
Announcement: there will be a three day grace period for submitting entries to the competition. However, late applicants are advised to complete the application form as soon as possible and email the contest coordinator with the status of their submission.
- $1000 (CAD)
- At least two performances by members of Reveille during the 2011-12 concert season
- A short video presentation promoting the winning piece
- A publishing contract with qPress.ca
At the discretion of the jury, more prizes may be awarded including additional performance opportunities, publishing contracts and cash prizes.
Reveille assumes no tax liability that competition winners may incur through receiving prize money. Individuals are responsible for investigating applicable tax laws and reporting prize winnings to requisite government agencies.
- Open to all composers born 1976 or later
- Unpublished, unpremiered works for trumpet and piano of at least 5 minutes’ length are invited. All keys and doublings are allowed.
- All submissions must be PDF format computer-generated scores (Sibelius, Finale, etc.) accompanied by a midi or mp3 realization.
- All scores will be anonymized by contest coordinator prior to distribution to the jury.
- Application fee: $30 (CAD), payable by Paypal only (see link on application page).
All materials must be received by March 1, 2011